Luna Park - Sydney. Before the arrival of Europeans in N.S.W., the Aboriginal Cammeraygal, lived along the Milsons Point foreshores and surrounding bushland. From the beginning of Sydney's settlement the Milsons Point area was a place for picnics and entertainment. In 1789 Governor Phillip watched performances by aborigines who danced on this site in return for rum, trinkets and cloth. After the bridge was opened in 1932 the New South Wales Government, as promised, ensured the demolition of all the buildings.